Special Education - Medicaid
LanguagesA-Z IndexPrinter Friendly Image


Special Education
Special Education   >   Funding & Finance   >   Medicaid


Health Care Authority (HCA) is the main entity responsible for Medicaid.

Questions regarding the Medicaid program should be directed to:

Shanna Muirhead, Program Manager
School-Based Healthcare Services for Children in Special Education
Community & Health Care Services
Health Care Authority
(360) 725-1153

School-Based Healthcare

Potential Medicaid Eligible Student Worksheet
Form SPI 1679 is required for all safety net award applicants. The information provided on this form will be used by the OSPI when calculating 2017–18 safety net award. Pursuant to WAC 392-140-675, special education safety net awards will be reduced for those districts not maximizing Medicaid billing for special education students. School districts should use the Medicaid eligibility reports provided by the district's billing consultant to complete and return this form to OSPI on or before June 29, 2018.

Required Medicaid Forms



   Updated 9/27/2018

Old Capitol Building, PO Box 47200, 600 Washington St. S.E., Olympia, WA    98504-7200    360-725-6000  TTY 360-664-3631
Contact Us    |    Site Info    |    Staff Only    |    Privacy Policy