Sign up for email alerts
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
The vision of the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction is all students prepared for post-secondary pathways, careers, and civic engagement.
A Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is a service delivery framework focused on prevention and problem solving for all students. An integrated MTSS connects all of the academic and non-academic interventions, supports, and services available in schools and communities to support instruction and eliminate barriers to learning and teaching. Within an MTSS framework, multiple levels of instruction, assessment, and intervention are designed to meet the academic and non-academic needs of ALL students.
Essential Components of an MTSS Framework
- Core Instruction and Tiered Continuum of Evidence-based Interventions and Supports (Tier I, II, III)
- Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring
- Data-based Decision Making
- Family Engagement and Community Partnerships
- Creating and maintaining the infrastructure to support an integrated MTSS Framework